Jessica Adams has been an instructor since 2000, and is certified in Pilates, GYROTONIC® method and Yamuna® Body Rolling. She’s studied Pilates since 1992, receiving her certification through Madeline Black’s Integrated Teacher Training, and GYROTONIC® method since 2000, receiving her certification at SF GYROTONIC®.
Jessica will create a workout personalized for each client’s individual needs, and she is devoted to educating people about their bodies.
She applies her experience as a modern dancer, choreographer and yoga practitioner to her work as a trainer. She also draws from her expertise in a wide variety of exercise modalities – BOSU, TRX and Physioball – to create a highly personalized workout that addresses each client’s needs.
Jessica specializes in soft tissue work, prenatal and postnatal exercises, and assisting people with injury prevention and rehabilitation.
More information about Jessica
- Taught Pilates and GYROTONIC® exercise at A Body of Work in San Francisco for five years before joining The Corner Studio.
- Studied Pilates since 1992, primarily with Carrie Field, Mercy Sidbury, Elizabeth Larkham and Jean Sullivan; she received her certification through Madeline Black’s Integrated Teacher Training.
- Studied GYROTONIC® exercise with Debra Rose, Elizabeth Dawson, Tamara Yoneda and Mike Luque at White Cloud West (now known as SF GYROTONIC®), and was certified in the GYROTONIC® method in February 2002.
- Former professional modern dancer and choreographer. She’s worked with acclaimed choreographers and dance companies, including Joe Goode Performance Group, Scott Wells and Dancers, Kim Epifano, Rapt Performance Group, Dana Lawton and others.
- Founder of Enchanted Ridge Dance Retreat, which focuses on bringing dance artists in touch with nature while dancing.